ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATIONS
Espace Stratégies is a strategic advisory firm that provides assistance to economic development organisations across Canada. We are one of the few independent companies specialised in this type of support and operate nationwide.
In recent years, the structure of economic development organizations has undergone significant transformations. Today, these organizations must confront the rapidly evolving economic ecosystem with which they interact, where new challenges have emerged.
The projects and daily challenges are vast:
- Assisting businesses in their growth and transition to digital and manufacturing Industry 4.0
- Supporting new entrepreneurs in their business plans and financial structuring
- Assisting retail businesses and commercial structures in innovating, renewing and transforming
- Addressing workforce challenges for local businesses, attracting families and immigrant labour
- Supporting the growth of new sectors and economic models such as social and collaborative economies
- Finding new innovative ways to develop the territory
- Developing a coordinated vision and planning for the territory
HOW CAN ESPACE STRATÉGIES ASSIST YOU?
Our team can:
- Assist your organization in redefining its service offerings based on the current transformation of your ecosystems
- Provide support for business growth, including assistance with more complex business plans and financial arrangements
- Support your entrepreneurs in embracing digital, Industry 4.0 and artificial intelligence in their business models
- Assist your teams in structuring significant projects such as technopoles, innovation zones, incubators and accelerators
- Conduct analyses, studies, and sectoral research for which you may lack internal expertise
- Improve your organization’s customer approach towards entrepreneurs and startups in the territory
- Plan the economic, industrial, and commercial development of your territory
- Support the development of your commercial structures
- Mobilise your community and businesses in consultation activities, whether traditional or focused on co-creation
- Provide internal support for your recruitment and human resources challenges
HOW WE WORK WITH ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATIONS
The approach developed by Espace Stratégies is distinctive and innovative, based on local community mobilisation and understanding your ecosystems. We work with public and municipal organizations as well as businesses, non-profits, investors, developers and government. This understanding of various stakeholders and their needs allows us to easily establish relevant connections and partnerships.
This knowledge of ecosystems also grants us direct access to a wide range of contacts and experts across all fields, nationwide. Combined with our adaptability and agility, this knowledge enables us to address very specific needs and access the necessary and appropriate expertise for your projects.
Innovation Développement économique Trois-Rivières
In 2019, Innovation Développement économique (IDE) Trois-Rivières chose Espace Stratégies to assist in preparing, consulting and drafting the economic development strategy for the city of Trois-Rivières for 2020 – 2025. To ensure that this strategy would be a mobilisation driver upon its implementation, numerous consultation activities were conducted early in the process with key stakeholders of the city as well as with citizens.
The Centre local de développement (CLD) d’Antoine-Labelle enlisted Espace Stratégies to conduct a diagnostic assessment of the services portfolio offered to businesses in its territory as part of the creation of a Maison de l’entrepreneur. Our mandate aimed to optimise the involvement of various partners in the project and create organisational synergy that encourages active contribution to service offerings tailored to the needs of served businesses.
CLD Les Moulins
The Centre local de développement (CLD) Les Moulins invited Espace Stratégies to support in conducting a feasibility study for the establishment of a business incubator. Our team assisted the CLD in developing a business plan for the new organisation named Innohub La Centrale, including financial structuring for its development, implementation and deployment. Following this exercise, the incubator secured funding of nearly one million dollars.